- This event has passed.
MINEPS VII – Priority Africa Roundtable
June 26 @ 3:40 am – June 29 @ 4:30 am
The MINEPS VII roundtable “Priority Africa” will offer the perfect platform to discuss priority content and good practices to be included in the Fit for Life Regional Sport Strategy. In addition to key Strategy content, panelists will layer their perspectives and experiences to discuss challenges and opportunities in the operationalization of the Strategy, including related to capacity and resources, and the value of collective action within the Fit for Life frame and in alignment with the African Union 2023 – 2033 Policy Framework for Sustainable Development of Sport in Africa. It will also be a unique opportunity to reflect on how to mobilize the expertise available across the continent to deliver the first regional sport strategy developed within the framework of Fit for Life, which will serve as a blueprint for other regions and place Africa in pole position in the field of sport for development. Key topics for discussion include:
1.The transformative power of sport: what are the prerequisites?
2. Africa in pole position to harness the benefits of sport for prosperous future.
Moderator: H.E. Lidi BESSI KAMA, Minister of Sport and Recreation of Togo
- Franck Nguema, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Gabon
- Ababu Namwamba, Minister of Sports, and the Arts, the Republic of Kenya
- Mustapha Ussif, Minister of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Ghana
- Serge Ekué, President of the West African Development Bank (pre-recorded video message)
- Decius Chipande, Coordinator (Head), African Union Sports Council, Cameroon
- Andréa Dirabou, International rugby player, captain of the national women’s rugby team of Côte d’Ivoire, advocate against violence against women and girls
- Mohsen Abdel Fattah, Director General of African Sports and Creative Institute, co-author of the book “The Economics of Sport in Africa: Realities, Challenges and Opportunities
- Opening: Brief introduction and scene setter by moderator H.E. Lidi BESSI KAMA, Minister of Sport and Recreation of Togo (2 minutes)
- Situation analysis: A snapshot of the Africa Region (8 minutes)
- Topic # 1: The transformative power of sport: what are the prerequisites? (15 minutes)
- Topic# 2: Africa in pole position to harness the benefits of sport for prosperous future.
- Recommendations for collective action, wrap up and conclusion (10 minutes)